ASSOCIATIONS OF TURKISH UNIVERSITIES
The idea of creating an Association of Turkish Universities was adopted at
the meeting of the Turkic Council on August 23, 2012 in Bishkek. Later,
this decision was approved at a meeting organized in Istanbul on March
28-29, 2013, and began to take effect. This association was created for the
purpose of cooperation in the field of higher education.
Today, it consists of 22 universities from 5 countries. These are: Hungary
– (University of Szeged), Azerbaijan - (Baku State University, Azerbaijan
Medical University, Azerbaijan Language University), Kazakhstan-(Al-Farabi
Kazakh National University, Gumilyov Eurasian National University, X. A.
International Kazakh-Turkish University. Yasevi. Turkey - (Istanbul
University, Ataturk University, Cappadocia University) .In 2014 - (Kyrgyz
National University named after him.Balasagyna, Kyrgyz-Turkish University
"Manas", Osh State University, etc.)
Within the framework of the Association of Turkish Universities,
educational institutions work in the following areas:
- creation of cooperation between higher education institutions, taking
into account the common heritage, such as history, culture, language;
- unification of the programs of the member universities of the
organization and the use of the credit system in conducting academic
- systematic organization of exchange programs between the teaching staff,
students, and advanced training courses;
- creating favorable conditions for the recognition of the equivalence of
diplomas among the universities that are members of the association;
- scientific research, implementation of joint educational programs and
- conducting academic events, such as conferences, symposiums, seminars,
competitions in the field of culture, science and sports between member
- providing scholarships to students engaged in activities aimed at the
development of the Turkish world.
After Osh was accepted as a member of the organization, a number of
positive works were carried out. The then Vice-Rector for Development and
International Relations A. O. Abduvaliyev took part in the meeting of the
association at the Kyrgyz-Turkish University “Manas” in Bishkek. During the
event, he met and exchanged views with rectors and representatives of
student councils of 4 member states: Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkey, and
Azerbaijan. Head of the Department of International Relations Amiraliev.S.
M. participated in the meeting of the association “Internationalization in
Higher Education", which was held on November 15-16, 2018 at Mohageg
University in Ardabil, Iran.